Looking back on 2013, we can't believe how awesome it's been. We've somehow managed to reach almost all of our first year goals and then some. It's been a wild ride filled with ups and downs, but luckily, more ups than downs. Through it all, I think our friendship has only strengthened. We've met some wonderful people, captured some marvelous nuptials and families; even jumped into the world of high school seniors and somehow survived. We believe that every client we've worked with is important, and now family to us. But, there are a few moments in particular for which we are most proud. In no particular order, here they are...
10. Photographing the wedding of a photographer's sister. It is the ultimate high five when a fellow photographer trusts you to capture her sister's wedding, since she can't. This was an honor and privilege.
9. Traveling to Virginia to work with a family that now feels like our family. One sister was married in Honeoye Falls. The other on a vineyard in Virginia, but we got to capture both. I'm sure there were plenty of photographers closer, but being asked and flown in to capture it... yeah, that feels good.
8. We've been photographing weddings for nearly 5 years now. In that time, we've now photographed the weddings of all 3 siblings in one family. We've been asked to photograph their wedding moments again and again, and we're so grateful for the chance to watch their family grow! Check out the last one here!
7. Working with repeat clients. It's one thing to like our work and leave happy. It's another to come back at the next life event and call us again. We've had several clients who have stuck with us through our growing years - through the name change and partnership, new web designs and products. Whenever I start to doubt, a past client calls, and faith restored. If you were happy enough to come back once, twice, three times... that's a feeling we're so thankful for.
6. Seeing couples with their first child. Whether through adoption, a happy accident, or after prior miscarriage, there's nothing better than celebrating a new addition to the family. We have worked with clients that have waited years for the family they've dreamed of having. Seeing their joy is one of the highlights of this job. Even if it's only for a few hours during the session, they become my family, and I try to record those moments forever.
5. Working with new businesses, like Wine to Behold. This type of session was new to us, so we definitely had to step out of our comfort zones for this one. Getting the opportunity to work with another "woman - owned" local business, really meant a lot to us.
4. Did we forget our own family? Not a chance, engagements, weddings, new babies - it's all so much fun for us to photograph!
3. We've worked in some unique locations, but the firehouse in Fairport was a new and exciting session for us. We loved how the antique truck and the station itself held such a special place in this family's hearts.
2. Vacationing, or should I say 'workationing' (yes, that's a made up word), in the Thousand Islands. We photographed two engagement sessions, and two portrait session in between fun filled sunny days relaxing on the river.
1. An anniversary dance winning couple – still so in love that they stole the spotlight at a wedding.
We'll be sharing more of our favorite images soon, but these were just some cool moments we enjoyed reflecting on. How was your 2013?