1) Weather happens. So naturally you’re worried and wondering - what do we do about that? Answer? Go with it. Gather cute umbrellas and galoshes for the bridal party. Get shawls and be prepared. If you haven’t picked a date yet, be aware that it does still snow in April. Technically Spring begins in March, but we don’t start seeing flowering trees until late April and sometimes even not until late May. (We wrote a whole blog post devoted to rain here!)
2) Venue Selection: If you don’t want to play in the rain, have a gorgeous indoor location planned so we won’t need to. Use the church you’re marrying in, or head to somewhere like Village Gate if that’s your style. You can even use your reception location for photographs, like we did here at Arbor Loft.
Choose a venue that allows you to go outside if you want to, but be inside if necessary. There’s so many Rochester NY wedding venues that can accommodate this. Strathallan’s rooftop, Wintergarden’s skylights, Genesee Valley Club. There’s also great wedding venues in the Finger Lakes such as Ventosa Vineyards, Casa Larga Vineyard and The Wadsworth Homestead to name a few.
3) Photo Locations in Rochester NY: So you have a venue, but you want to stop somewhere along the way for pretty spring wedding portraits. We love the spring flowers at the Eastman Quad, Eastman Museum, and obviously Highland Park. Spring is beautiful anywhere, so the options are endless.
4) Color and Style: When it comes to picking attire and flowers - to me, spring always feels like happy and bright colors. Your version of that might differ from mine, but if you’re choosing colors I think of anything that goes well with the colors you find on the trees. Bright combinations with blues an oranges, or pale pinks, white, and purples. Your florist can give you all kinds of great ideas.
5) Maybe your wedding isn’t in the spring, but there’s nothing saying you can’t have a gorgeous spring engagement session. Many of our couples who are having a fall wedding often choose to have a Spring engagement session to showcase their love in more than one season.
Lastly, photographers book up early, so contact us now to get on our calendar for your spring wedding.